VNC Problem

Gene Lapointe gene at thelapointefamily.com
Wed Apr 4 01:19:57 UTC 2007

Ok, so on fedoraforum.org, i was told to spit out the results of
iptables -L so here it is.

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain RH-Firewall-1-INPUT (2 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere            icmp any
ACCEPT     esp  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     ah   --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             224.0.0.251         udp
dpt:mdns
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp
dpt:ipp
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp
dpt:ipp
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:ftp
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:smtp
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:ssh
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:https
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:http
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:vnc1024
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:5902
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:60851
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
udp dpt:60851
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:imap
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:pop3
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
udp dpt:xdmcp
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            reject-with
icmp-host-prohibited

I was also told to try to connect tcpdump port 5902 to see if anythings
getting there.  but it showed nothing.