smart gone wild

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 16:00:16 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 09:24 -0400, Claude Jones wrote:
> On Wed April 4 2007, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > He doesn't have problems with atrpms (atrpms doesn't carry any
> > openoffice stuff), but with the mirror hosted there, so turning off
> > atrpms will not help. FWIW the mirror is back online again.
>
> Yes, this one fooled me as well - Ric, you're not going crazy - your Smart
> configuration is using a channel for fedora that is a mirror of the redhat
> fedora server, hosted at the atrpms site - (just to put it a bit differently)
>
> Why don't you want to update Oo?
Ah, but I do... that was the point. As mentioned atrpms doesn't even
carry OOo just it's mirror and I couldn't get smart to go to another
mirror for some strange reason, even after turning atrpms completely off
and even after erasing atrpm's entry. Go figure. I was trying to force
it to use the fedora repo directly.

One more question, is there a way to get smart to only download a couple
or just one rpm at a time? When it tries to dnload 5 or 6 at a time, I
get a pile of time-outs. I have DSL but it's the cheap seats variety.
Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net