epatec boot pxe problem

roland roland at cat.be
Wed Apr 4 22:27:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 23:42:11 +0200, Rick Stevens <rstevens at internap.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 23:06 +0200, roland wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have bought Epatecs workstations 3800 and connected them to an
>> installation of K12Ltsp-fedora.
>> While booting with PXE I get the message
>>
>> usv-b-uhci c:V1.275:USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver
>> ehci_hcd 00:103: VIA Technologies, Inc USB 2.0
>>
>> And booting stops.
>>
>> Does anybody knows what is going on. On the same port an Epatec 2300
>> works
>> fine.
> Looks like it's trying to boot from the hard drive or USB rather than
> the network.  Make sure the BIOS tries to boot PXE first.
> - Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
Hi Rick,

The workstation locks after normal pxe booting. I mean it is listing the
normal boot lines until arrival at the point of the USB test.

I connected the keyboard and mouse on the USB-ports. When I disconnect the
keyboard and mouse, the workstation boots normal.
The difference between a model 3800 and 2300 is respectively USB 2.0 and
USB 1.0.

So, could it be the USB 2.0?
--
Roland Brouwers