OO 2.2 for FC4 RPM ?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Apr 5 20:31:23 UTC 2007

Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 09:43:44AM -0600, Robin Laing wrote:
>> I tried the upgrade FC4 > FC6 and decided to do a clean install.  Took a
>> full day for the upgrade.  I am waiting for FC7 for my other FC4 machines.
>
> The take-away here should be: please plan to upgrade your Fedora releases as
> soon as possible. You can skip one release, but that gives you approximately
> one release to upgrade.
>
> If this upgrade cycle isn't for you, then Fedora isn't either, because that
> lifespan is a defining factor of what Fedora is. This thread is about having
> the latest and greatest software, which is a huge advantage of this model.
> To get that, though, you have to play the game.

I had planned on updating to FC6 at home after I did it at work but the
upgrade was such a hassel that I just couldn't find the time to do it
properly.  I also want the encryption suppport that is part of FC7.

I normally do the skip one but things happened and soon FC7 was close.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.