How to run an executable from dvd

A.J. Bonnema abonnema at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 6 04:50:08 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Running FC6 I burnt a dvd (TeXLive), which went well.
Now I want to install from the dvd, but.....
even as root I get "permission denied".

The file is executable (.pl is a perl script I believe):

<paste>
root at athene setuptl]# ls --lcontext tlpmgui-x86_64-linux
-r-xr-xr-x 1 system_u:object_r:iso9660_t      abonnema root 2497702 Feb
  6 13:02 tlpmgui-x86_64-linux
[root at athene setuptl]# ./tlpmgui-x86_64-linux
-bash: ./tlpmgui-x86_64-linux: Permission denied
[root at athene setuptl]#
</paste>

SELinux does not appear to have anything specific for execution from
dvd, or does it? I checked with system-config-security and could not
find anything.

Does anyone know what I should check or change to be able to install
from dvd?
I would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,
user #328198 (Linux Counter http://counter.li.org)