Inline wxmaxima plots fail in fedora 5 and 6

Mark A. Miller mamillerpa at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 7 13:43:44 UTC 2007

Hello, Fedora-list.

I'm new to maxima, so I may have overlooked something.  But I promise,
I did search Google before posting!

Using yum, I have installed wxmaxima and all dependencies on several
FC5 and FC6 computers.

Gnuplot works nicely from the maxima CLI, and even from xwmaxima, if
configured to use external windows.

However, if I use the default inline plotting option, all I ever get is
a box with an X through it and the word "Error."

Do any of you know a solution?

TIA,
Mark

Mark A. Miller