Gnome - Terminal Maximise Problem

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sun Apr 8 04:16:23 UTC 2007

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007, Tony Crouch wrote:

> Hi All,
> For the last few weeks I have had an abormal problem with my
> gnome-terminal windows. The version I am running is:
>
> gnome-terminal-2.16.0-2.fc6
>
> When I load the terminal by going "Applications --> Accessories -->
> Terminal". The window loads in the non-maximised mode (i.e. it does NOT
> take up all of the screen ... I am sure there is a technical word to
> explain this phenomenon :P  ).
>
> When the window is like this I can happily enter commands and interact
> with my system. But, as soon as I maximise the windows (Alt + F10) the
> window becomes inactive and anything I type does not appear in the
> terminal window.
>
> If I restore the window to its non-maximise mode (Alt + F5) all the
> characters I entered into the terminal while it was maximised now appear
> at the command prompt (even though they weren't there when it was
> maximised).
>
> I was wondering if anyone has run into something like this? Perhaps a
> bugzilla entry is required.

I hadn't tried it before--I mostly maximize windows to unwrap lines
containing URLs so I can click them.  But now that you mention it, I do
see that behavior when I try to enter text on a maximized terminal window.
Happens with Beryl as the window manager too.

I'd file a bug, if I were you.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences