setting up filesharing between a Windows box and a linux box

Scott Berry sberry at northlc.com
Sun Apr 8 14:48:54 UTC 2007

Hello there,

My father accidentially got rid of the file sharing icon on the Gnome desktop.  How do we go about setting up a file sharing system which would use an Hp5500 as the main printer and I have a folder under /media called /c_drive which I want to use as the folder on Linux to put the windows or files from Linux in to.  What do I need to do next.  I have read some instructions but they seem to be a bit fuzzy as to what to do next.

Scott