j-pilot

Mads Villadsen maxx at krakoa.dk
Sun Apr 8 18:16:06 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-08 at 14:02 -0400, swlinux at snet.net wrote:
> 	I am trying to sync my palm pilot w/palm OS with j-pilot and it doesn't
> work. Is there a known trick to get this working?

It probably depends on what type of palm pilot you are trying to sync -
and what version of fedora you are using.

If it is a palm pilot that connects via usb, then have a look at these
to pages:

http://www.clasohm.com/blog/one-entry?entry_id=12096
http://krakoa.dk/wordpress/2007/03/25/fedora-7-test-2-and-usb-palm-pilot-sync/

Basically you need to setup udev so that it creates the correct symlink
(/dev/pilot). And then of course configure j-pilot to connect
to /dev/pilot - but I think that is the standard settings.

If you are not afraid of using the terminal then it might be helpful to
run:

pilot-xfer -l

This will simply list all files on your palm pilot, but I find it a nice
way to simply test the connectivity.

And for any of this to work reliably I have found that I need to push
the hotsync button on my palm pilot _before_ pressing sync in j-pilot.
--
Mads Villadsen <maxx at krakoa.dk>