error: unpacking of archive failed: cpio: lstat

Rick Wagner rjwgnr27 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 9 03:04:48 UTC 2007

Hi,

Running a Fedora-5 system, I have been getting the subject message for a while
trying to update various packages.  In this case it is kdelibs
6:3.5.5-0.2.fc5, from Fedora updates.  Doing a yum update (today it was
tellico), yum wanted to install kdelibs as a dependency.  The above message
was displayed, but the update of tellico was successful.  RPM says that
kdelibs remains not installed, however files (i.e. /usr/bin/artsmessage) from
the package exist.

I have tried downloading the rpm, and installing it alone; done an
rpm --rebuilddb; and tried it at run-level 3, where no kde resources should
be in use.

Any ideas on how to clear this up?

Thanks,
	--rick