Dual DNS entries (was no subject)

Paul Lemmons paul.lemmons at tmcaz.com
Mon Apr 9 20:30:57 UTC 2007

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: (no subject)
From: "Gareth Howlett" <gareth.howlett at pivotalsys.com>
To: "For users of Fedora" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Date: 04/09/2007 01:04 PM

> I have an odd question about updating a DNS server with an FC4 machine's
> entry...
>
> I have two NICs on the same box and I want each of them to respond to
> different hostnames... EG: NIC1 = 1.abc.com, NIC2= 2.abc.com... Is there
> a way of doing this with the default FC4-style install (besides the
> obvious cron script using nsupdate)?
>
> - Gareth

I am not sure I understand the question. If I am hearing you right, you
have one box with two IP addresses. You have another box (maybe) that is
running a DNS. You want to have two DNS names that point the same box
but are specific to the interfaces. Is this right?

If so, just create two "A" records. Each one will have its own name and
will reference the specific IP addresses you are wanting them to
associate with.

This seems a little too easy... am I missing something?