Fedora/RH policies sometimes suck

linuxmaillists at charter.net linuxmaillists at charter.net
Tue Apr 10 04:13:33 UTC 2007

On Monday 09 April 2007, Ed Greshko wrote:
> linuxmaillists at charter.net wrote:
> > Now back to my original question does any one know
> > where I can find information that shows what packages
> > Fedora has stripped because of questionable legal
> > issues?
>
> Maybe http://www.openoffice.org/FAQs/faq-licensing.html
> will be a starting point.

I understand WHY fedora is doing it and I don't care because
I don't have to follow their lead.  How is looking at the
legal stuff on the openoffice site going to tell me what
other packages Fedora has modified because of legal issues?

I also have a copy of the LGPL and the GPL.  I understand
all the legal stuff.  I just want to know what other
packages are on the Fedora distro that are are missing
original functionality simply because of legal issues.
Several of you sure have got worked up over nothing.  Every
one has their opinion about the free stuff and the legal
stuff.  Every one of us are potential legal targets just
because we using any version of Linux.  We have all seen
the articles about SCO, IBM and MS.  These big companies
don't have the resources to get every body so we don't have
to make a big deal out of this legal stuff.  Lets just live
our lives and the Heck with these people that want to be
miserable and try to get other people.  I do understand why
Fedora/RH do what they do.  They are a big target.  The
rest of us aren't.

--
If the word following begins with
a vowel, the word you want is...