Raid card for FC6

Brian Porter brian at miatar.org
Tue Apr 10 09:18:26 UTC 2007

edwardspl at ita.org.mo wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 00:15:55 +0800,
>>   edwardspl at ita.org.mo wrote:
>>
>>> So, what type / model of raid card is good raid controller ?
>>> Is there any sample ?
>>>

>> I don't have specific models to recommend, only that it probably isn't worth
>> it to buy one that doesn't have battery backed cache.
>>
> Sorry, pardon me !
I disagree about the importance of a battery backed cache.. Use a UPS
and nut or something similar.

As for recommendations, I would determine requirements and head to
3ware's web site to see what fits your needs. After my horrible
experiences with an older Promise TX2 I won't touch them anymore.

--
-Brian
brian at miatar.org