Alsa 1.0.14rc1 issues

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Tue Apr 10 16:00:49 UTC 2007

Christian Burger wrote:
> Is anyone else having issues with alsa 1.0.14.rc1?  I got bit by this update
> and can't get any sound via alsa.  Is there anyway to downgrade to the
> 1.0.13?  My sound is integrated on a shuttle SN25P and it is a
> ICE1724/Envy24 VIA chipset.  I'm running FC6 on x86_64 platform if this is
> pertinent.

On my laptop with Intel HDA sound, rc1 would generate an error when
you tried to use the mixer, or run "aplay -l" - something about a
file not found. (I don't remember the exact error.) I upgraded to
rc3, and it works. I have to change options I was using in
/etc/modprobe.conf as well. I needed model=auto or something like
that. (I am not on the laptop right now, so I can not check.)

The nice thing about rc3 is that it will generate an rpm for you so
you can upgrade yourself. (There should be an updated RPM from AT
RPMs soon...)

I don't think 1.0.14.rc1 in an official FC6 release - at least mine
came from AT RPMs...

Mikkel