[Fedora] Re: Alternatives to du

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Apr 10 16:02:22 UTC 2007

alan wrote:
> That sounds like an indicator of a bigger problem.  On an unraided
> 330GB drive, du takes a fraction of that to complete. (I would have to
> run a test to get actual times.)  Sounds like there is something else
> going on.
    That would depend on the amount of physical files on the drive.  You
can have 100 massive files and du will run nice and fast, or you can
have 1,000,000 tiny files and folders and du will take its dear sweet
time to run.

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6