Fedora/RH policies sometimes suck

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Tue Apr 10 23:26:02 UTC 2007

> Wouldn't it be better for those couple million users to have a simple
> way to get the real thing from someone willing/able to distribute it
> than to have a crippled version dumped in their lap?

They have a simple way to replace it if they wish and they are not
subject to any problematic patent or other legal restrictions imposed by
their state. I think you'll find 99.999% of users would prefer to have a
wordprocessor installed by default even if it can't do a specific obscure
spreadsheet function.

Alan