Please Lawd! Not again!! <falls down weeping> xine broken all over again

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 02:04:48 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 22:19 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 April 2007, Ric Moore wrote:
> > I get this again (same ole same ole)
> >
> > xine BYRDS_SO_YOU_WANT_TO_BE_A_ROCK_N__ROLL_STAR.flv
> > This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.4.
> > (c) 2000-2004 The xine Team.
> > Compiler did not align stack variables. Libavcodec has been miscompiled
> > and may be very slow or crash. This is not a bug in libavcodec,
> > but in the compiler. Do not report crashes to FFmpeg developers.
> >
> > Someone shoot me and just end this never ending misery.
> > --
> I know the feeling, Ric.  Xine gave up on me a few weeks ago - without
> warning.  It just refused to play my disks.  Mplayer gave up at the same
> time.  I never did get xine running again, but a livna update a couple of
> days ago got mplayer working again.  Misery indeed.  I've been relying on my
> Mandriva laptop for video burn testing for weeks.  Fortunately, theirs
> doesn't seem to get constantly broken like this.

That's weird, mplayer plays the .flv files just swell... maybe I should
be glad that update seems to be broken now as well? I've not got much
hair left after ripping some out. I just wanted to remove all xine and
ffmpeg files to start over, but a dependency on KDE control center just
left a burning hole in my guts. Right in the middle of my belated tax
preparation.

I - not - understand. <grunt> shouldn't it be so easy that a caveman
could do it? <walks away on my knuckles> Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net