Bootmgr is missing

Keith G. Robertson-Turner fedora-gmane.00003 at genesis-x.nildram.co.uk
Fri Apr 13 20:17:08 UTC 2007

Verily I say unto thee, that jjjiom spake thusly:

>> Message:
>> Grub loading stage 2
>> Boot 'other' rootnoverify (hdo,1)

Is that a typo?

It should be "(hd0,1)" not "(hdo,1) ["Zero" not "Oh"]

Did it *used* to work? Have you made any changes?

I take it you're trying to boot into Windows.

Did you install Windows before or after Linux?

Can you still boot into Linux?

If you boot using the Fedora install disc, and type:

linux rescue <enter>

At the prompt, the follow the steps, you'll be able to do this:

~]# chroot /mnt/sysimage
~]# grub-install /dev/hda

See if that fixes it.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| I found [Vista] to be a dangerously unstable operating system,
| which has caused me to lose data ... unfortunately this product
| is unfit for any user. - [H]ardOCP, <http://tinyurl.com/3bpfs2>
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.20-1.2307.fc5
 21:14:49 up 2 days,  5:26,  3 users,  load average: 0.20, 0.20, 0.18