[Fedora] Re: CIFS mounting

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Apr 14 05:30:30 UTC 2007

Tim:
>> Looking for a file on them that you've previously put there?

Ashley M. Kirchner:
> That won't work as trying to access a stale NFS mount will cause
> undue delays or lockups.

Wouldn't that depend on how you mounted it?

For example, if I mounted a directory on my fileserver onto /mnt/backups
then tried to ls /mnt/backups/testfile I'd either list the test file on
the remote server, or the empty /mnt/backups directory.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.