curious about boot problem

Tom Horsley tomhorsley at adelphia.net
Sun Apr 15 13:32:28 UTC 2007

I just shutdown fc6 and booted Windows XP last night, and after
telling Win XP to reboot, my machine would no longer boot at
all (I have done this many times before with no problems).

Booting off FC6 rescue worked fine, and after much poking around
I finally discovered that the BIOS boot order for my hard disks
was wrong, I fixed it, and am back to normal now.

I don't know if the boot order actually got scrambled in CMOS
somehow, or if my other non-booting hard disk somehow got
marked as bootable.

Anyone know if recent fedora or Windows updates decided all
disks should obviously be marked with a bootable partition?

I'm just curious about how this happened, it all seems to be
back to normal now in any case.