remove linux partition using Fedora disk

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Sun Apr 15 15:56:06 UTC 2007

At 8:29 AM -0700 4/15/07, Ravi Malghan wrote:
>Hi: I want to remove the linux partitions on a laptop running fedora. How
>do I get to a prompt where I can run the fdisk?

Well, Applications menu -> Accessories -> Terminal, or right-clicking on
the desktop has a Terminal entry in some Fedora Core versions, or
Ctl-Alt-F1..F6 will get you a Virtual Terminal (Alt-F7 to get back to X).

If you are deleting the partition Fedora is on) boot from an Installer CD
(type "linux rescue") or Rescue CD and do it from there.  Don't chroot to
the partition you are deleting.

If your aim is to make the partitions useful to MSWindows, just use the
MSWindows tools to format the partitions.