Might I have spyware on FC6? This is very suspicious.

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 19:58:09 UTC 2007

For my personal email contacts I use disposable email addresses to
control spam. The result is that I have literally hundreds of email
addresses at the same domain, caught by a catch all and sorted from
there. Very effective in identifying the source(s) of spam.

Today, I received 9 very similar spam messages to 9 different email
addresses. These addresses have absolutely nothing in common, other
than the fact that they are all in To addresses in email in my Kmail
folders. The only way that an entity would find these addresses
together would be if it had access to my ~/.kde folders, in other
words read access to my computer.

Might I have spyware on this FC6 installation? What would be the first
things to check? Steps to take?

Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/opera.html