Might I have spyware on FC6? This is very suspicious.

Eric J. Feldhusen efeldhusen.lists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 20:23:49 UTC 2007

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> For my personal email contacts I use disposable email addresses to
> control spam. The result is that I have literally hundreds of email
> addresses at the same domain, caught by a catch all and sorted from
> there. Very effective in identifying the source(s) of spam.
>
> Today, I received 9 very similar spam messages to 9 different email
> addresses. These addresses have absolutely nothing in common, other
> than the fact that they are all in To addresses in email in my Kmail
> folders. The only way that an entity would find these addresses
> together would be if it had access to my ~/.kde folders, in other
> words read access to my computer.

On mail filters I have across 34 domains, it's pretty common to see
dictionary and even random email address generation into the tens of
thousands.

So, email addresses like bob at foo.com and steve at foo.com will get spammed,
you'll see sfasdfasd at foo.com and sasdf43 at foo.com.

Also, if any of those addresses have been used to send email to other
people, there's a ton of windows virii that upon infecting a windows
box, will scan for email addresses, then send themself to all of those
addresses.

Eric