Thunderbird sending mail

Martin Marques martin at bugs.unl.edu.ar
Mon Apr 16 00:37:07 UTC 2007

Ed Greshko escribió:

> You may be jumping the gun when you conclude it to be a dns issue.  In any
> event, instead of putting in a host name for your SMTP server why don't you
> put in an IP address?  Either put in the IP for you ethernet adapter or put
> in 127.0.0.1.  As a matter of fact, try both for fun.

Stupid of me not to think that! :-)

OK, using 127.0.0.1 goes like a bullet! So my problems are else where.
Now, why doesn't thunderbird look at the /etc/hosts file? Localhost is
defined there are 127.0.0.1.

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués          |   Programador, DBA