Why most run Microsoft, not RedHat

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Tue Apr 17 18:59:05 UTC 2007

Kelly wrote:

> Regardless of anything else, there really ought to be a way to mark a
> package/set of packages as IMPORTANT and get yum/whatever to issue a warning
> ("Warning: removing this component may break the system/prevent you from
> using GUI/whatever; are you sure you want to to do this?") if one of these
> important packages is marked for removal.

I would have thought the long list of packages it was going to
remove because of dependencies would clue in most people. Didn't it
say something along the lines of removing package foo requires
removing (long list) that require foo, do you wish to proceed? with
no as the default answer?

Do we really want to insult people by asking "Are you sure?" again
after getting them to confirm that they do want to remove a long
list of packages?

Mikkel