[Fedora] Re: Failover setup

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Apr 17 22:16:24 UTC 2007

Ferguson, Michael wrote:
>  OK.
> Have a standby box prepared and ready, shutdown and waiting.
> If the primary goes down, your users will call you. Go in and simply swap it
> out. No?

    There in lies the problem: they won't call to tell me it's down.
They'll just sit there and complain or wonder and wait till *I* come in
to figure it out.  And let's say they do call...do you honestly think
I'm going to wake up at 4 in the morning, drive down to the building to
swap a machine?  Would you?  :)

--
H | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6