[Fedora] Re: Failover setup

Ferguson, Michael ferguson at BRVMLAW.COM
Tue Apr 17 23:35:28 UTC 2007

The earlier situation I described is what I have setup and it works just
fine for me.
I can remote in on either and make a DNS change and tell them to restart
their computer and it will get the new default gateway. That's it.

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Ashley M. Kirchner
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 6:16 PM
To: For users of Fedora
Subject: Re: [Fedora] Re: Failover setup

Ferguson, Michael wrote:
>  OK.
> Have a standby box prepared and ready, shutdown and waiting.
> If the primary goes down, your users will call you. Go in and simply
> swap it out. No?

    There in lies the problem: they won't call to tell me it's down.
They'll just sit there and complain or wonder and wait till *I* come in to
figure it out.  And let's say they do call...do you honestly think I'm going
to wake up at 4 in the morning, drive down to the building to swap a
machine?  Would you?  :)

--
H | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.