Fwd:Re: Developing for KDE 4, using KDE 3

dexter ddmbox2 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 20:32:26 UTC 2007

Subject: Re: Developing for KDE 4, using KDE 3
Date: Wed April 18 2007
From: Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org>
To: dexter <ddmbox2 at yahoo.co.uk>, For users of Fedora <fedora-list at redhat.com>

dexter wrote:
> On Wed April 18 2007 17:00:24 Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> I need to develop some KDE GUI apps for my own personal use in Python,
>> but I see that most of the documentation is for KDE 4:
>> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials
>>
>> As I plan on moving to KDE 4 later this year when it becomes
>> available, the tutorials are relevant for me. Can I install KDE 4 in
>> such a way that I can develop using the material in these tutorials,
>> yet continue using KDE 3 in my daily work? How would one do this?
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Dotan Cohen
>
> ...erm I think some exist at one of the kde-redhat repos I'd start looking
> there first for 'bleeding edge' KDE stuff in Fedora & not down official
lines
> as these in my opinion are lacking vision & manpower and it aint any better
in
> rawhide so no change anytime soon :-(

Released versions of Fedora gets major updates of KDE and there are
atleast two different attempts to package KDE 4 for Fedora. It is quite
amusing that you mention kde-redhat since Rex Dieter and others behind
that repository are contributors to Fedora and leading the KDE spin for
the next release.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureFedoraKDE

Rahul