Curious kmail question

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Apr 18 20:33:15 UTC 2007

Anne Wilson wrote:
>>> Your opinion, but certainly not mine.  If you need specific advice on
>>> kmail + imap, the place to get it is on the kde-pim list.  It's generally
>>> helpful.
>> One needs advice when the lack is in the user.  If the lack is in the
>> software, that takes developers to sort out.
>>
> Just a thought, Andy.  If you have a problem and linuxmaillists and I don't,
> does that mean that the lack is in the software?

*big gallic shrug*

My experiences are that stock, unmeddled-with KMail terminates abruptly
sometimes on my setup, blocks the UI while it repeatedly fetches stuff
from the server on folder selection, where Thunderbird multitasks and is
highly stable.  Therefore I don't use KMail any more.  I actually tried
it the other week because I hankered after the gpg sig handling it used
to give me but it still broke after five minutes.  Fresh-installed Apps
blowing chunks and terminating on an otherwise stable platform is an app
issue, as is the UI blocking and alleged repeated folder fetching.

Great that you have a better experience, but for sure your experience
does not negate mine any more than mine negates yours.

-Andy