Time Lapse with a Webcam

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Apr 19 07:32:42 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 15:44 +0100, Joe Desbonnet wrote:
> Utilities that take a list of JPEG files and convert to movie files
> are surprisingly scarce, and the few that are out there need to have
> the file names in a particular format.

That's probably true of any JPEG to movie encoding process.  And it's
probably not too hard to arrange to have your files named in a
particular way, whether that's originally, or post processing.

An example from the mencoder man file (that's tied in with mplayer):

Encode all *.jpg files in the current dir:

mencoder "mf://*.jpg" -mf fps=25 -o output.avi -ovc  lavc  -lav- copts vcodec=mpeg4

This is something that I intend to try, at some time, but haven't got
around to, yet.  My round tuit list is getting ever longer.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.