Why most run Microsoft, not RedHat

Scott van Looy scott at ethosuk.org.uk
Thu Apr 19 13:20:20 UTC 2007

Today Tim did spake thusly:

> Tim:
>>> I mentioned MSN specifically, as in the past, I had cause to resolve
>>> that problem.  Microsoft, at that time, did not make public what you
>>> needed to do, the only information was third party, and incorrect.
>>> Later on, I did find some information from Microsoft about it, but it
>>> didn't work.
>
> Scott van Looy:
>> Never ever had a problem with this or finding out what I needed to
>> from the 'net. port80 originally, then port 443 and 80 when they
>> decided to turn on SSL. That and 1863 for the initial handshake -
>> which has always been fairly well documented as far as I can see, I've
>> found references to this going back at least 4 years in a brief
>> search ;)
>
> Then try the other bits - file transfers working in both directions,
> audio, video...  Didn't work as the advice advised.

Most certainly did or I'd not have got it working, would I?

--
Scott van Looy - email:me at ethosuk.org.uk | web:www.ethosuk.org.uk
site:www.freakcity.net - the in place for outcasts since 2003

He who attacks the fundamentals of the American broadcasting industry
attacks democracy itself.
 		-- William S. Paley, chairman of CBS