ftp

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Thu Apr 19 16:32:39 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 17:32 +0200, roland wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 16:57:27 +0200, Mike <azmr at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, roland wrote:
> >
> >> I am not an expert in PHP and know nothing of PERL.
> >>
> >> No other way?
> >
> > I'd use ncftpget or ncftpput.  Both from the ncftp rpm and designed as
> > FTP for scripts.
> Don't you need a nctfpd daemon on the other side?

Nope.  The "ncftp*" programs FTP _clients_ and speak the same protocol
as an interactive FTP client.  They're specifically designed to be used
in scripts and unattended jobs.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
-   UNIX is actually quite user friendly.  The problem is that it's  -
-              just very picky of who its friends are!               -