Really, REALLY slow computer

Billy Davis bdavis at cds-corp.com
Thu Apr 19 19:32:13 UTC 2007

We had this same problem 18 months ago with RHEL 3.  Turns out it was a
memory problem.   As long as we ran with 512MB, everything ran fast and
fine.  But, when we increased the memory to 1GB and higher, something
happened to slow the system to aan unbelievable crawl.  Seems like there
was a bios upgrade from Intel that fixed the problem.

Bdavis