Help disentaggleng clamav-milter milter.conf instructions ??

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Fri Apr 20 05:34:29 UTC 2007

William Case wrote:
> I thank you Kevin;
>
> I thought I was going nuts!!

Glad to have helped.  I went through this a while back before the clamav
stuff was added to extras, I had been getting it from one of the "other"
repositories (livna?  freshrpms?  atrpms?  I can't remember which one
now).  I finally decided to convert over to the "official" one in
extras, but they were packaged differently!  It was a PITA to go over
every little detail of the instalation to clean-up what was now "broken"
from before so I could use the extras packages.  I think I remember that
one of things that changed was the name that the clamav-milter was now
running as.  Not onloy did I have to fix up the password file, I had to
go and chown a few directories, and make sure that everything pointed to
the right places in order to get it to work right.  Don't know how you
could have gotten so "out of sorts", but I'm glad you got it
straightened out!

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com