am I hacked?

Martin Marques martin at bugs.unl.edu.ar
Sat Apr 21 20:23:57 UTC 2007

peter kostov escribió:

> I have logwatch installed, but I didn't know about it. Thanks for
> pointing it out!

Configure it and make it run. It helps alot!

> On the other machine in my local network there is one 'bad' binary
> reported by rkhunter - wget. This second computer accesses the Internet
> through the one we are discussing.
> It is also running FC5 with yum, although the installation isn't exactly
> the same.

I personally see it very hard for an updated Linux system (any
distribution that has updates of security issues) to get hacked.
Normally you will see hacked servers due to outdated sshd or apache (but
specially sshd), but not in an up2date system.

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués          |   Programador, DBA