OT Action Computer games

Norm maillist at sios.ca
Sun Apr 22 00:58:42 UTC 2007

My sister is in the process of buying a new computer for her 15 year old
son.  She would prefer to follow my advice and use a Linux operating
system, the catch is there does not seem to be many games for Linux that
would hold a typical 15 year olds attention.  The option of an emulator
such as wine is out as the games I have tried to install under wine
require additional setup or work that neither my sister nor my nephew
wish to learn.  The option to do the work for her is out as she lives a
days drive away from me, and frankly driving a day to install some game
even if I do have opportunity to visit with my sister is just not worth
the effort very often.  Is there a source of  a selection of games
available for Linux?  The tetrex/ solitaire style games just don't have
the type of action a kid expects.