How to run script (sleep360) without delaying bootup

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Sun Apr 22 17:23:48 UTC 2007

On Sunday 22 April 2007 18:25, Mail List wrote:
> On Sunday 22 April 2007 11:11:29 am Nigel Henry wrote:
> > it has a "sleep 360" in the script, it justs hangs the bootup for 6 mins
> > until the script has run to completion. Script below.
>
>   Did you try something like
>    nohup your-script > /path/tolog 2>&1 &

No, but I'm very new to scripting.

A little help please. How would I set this up in /etc/rc.d/rc.local? That is
using the script that I previously posted.

The script wants to be started from /etc/rc.d/rc.local, but doesn't want to
delay the bootup, which will nullify running the script.

The script path is: /usr/local/bin/ntp-restart

Nigel.