[Fedora] Re: Capture OOPS

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sun Apr 22 20:16:09 UTC 2007

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> Leave a digital camera and have them take a picture.
>
> More seriously, enable debugging on in the kernel.  Of course, which
> one(s) to turn on is a big question.  Any hint as to when this started
> happening and possible changes made to the system about that time?
>
> Akemi
    A week ago I ran updates and it installed kernel 2944 - that's when
the troubles started.  However, this past Friday I rolled it back to
kernel 2933 hoping the problem would go away and much to my surprise it
did not.  So this makes me wonder if there isn't something else that's
causing the crashes and that the installation of updates just happened
to be a coincidence.  I'm swapping the machine today with a known good
one, and then I'll run memtest on this one and let it run over night,
see what comes up.  Gotta start somewhere...

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6