Here we go again -- printer not working ??

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Apr 22 21:45:25 UTC 2007

William Case wrote:

I have a psc 1209 all-in-one model which needs to be power cycled
occasionally for the scanner portion to work. Have you tried to power on
and off the printer?

Additionally, I found out that configuring the printer manually and
setting the HAL entry to not active works for enabling reliable
printing. The HAL version of the driver never worked for me.
My Device URI shows the below:
usb://HP/psc%201200%20series?serial=CN45KG30905H

The entry which does nothing for printing is below:
hal:///org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_3f0_2f11_CN45KG30905H_if1_printer_CN45KG30905H
The description for the HAL printer is below:
HP PSC 1400 Foomatic/hpijs

Just adding a comment to add to the two entries posted by an earlier user.

Jim

--
Your motives for doing whatever good deed you may have in mind will be
misinterpreted by somebody.