OT Action Computer games

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 23 01:32:03 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-22 at 13:20 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> Mind you I find the idea of children playing large numbers of games
> which involve shooting other people in semi-random acts of violence a
> bad one, even before last week

I tend to agree.  For all those that argue that people are not affected
by games/video/etc., story telling has been the way of imparting values
and brainwashing for thousands of years.  Of course it's going to have
some effect.  It dulls you to what ought to repulse you, gives bad ideas
to some people, and so on.

I can remember visiting a friend some years back, and his wife was
telling us about her experience at playing a game with her son.  She
found the notion that she was supposed to kill her son, in the game,
repulsive.  Now that's a person who understands the point of values.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.