Here we go again -- printer not working ?? -- typo

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 23 04:37:29 UTC 2007

Tim:
>> Although you can update a kernel, it's usually a bad idea.

Res:
> generally, you should install new kernel, reboot, if no problems with
> a day remove old kernel

I would keep them longer than that.  You might not thoroughly test a
kernel within just a day or so.  And an update to something else,
afterwards, might present a problem between it and the new kernel.  I
think it's always best to keep at least one or two prior kernels.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.