tcpdump

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 23:01:11 UTC 2007

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi Aly
>
> I am connected to a box through command line interface, I dont have X
> Window system installed on that box, so I have to use tcpdump

All you need are the X libraries to run a remote window.  If you can
install wireshark on the box, you can run 'ssh -Y' to log in from some
other machine that has an X display.  Then when you start wireshark it
will open a new window on your desktop.  Otherwise you have to make
tcpdump capture to a file (see the -s and -w options) and copy the file
back to where wireshark can decode it for you.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com