Installation problem of FC6

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Apr 24 04:50:38 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 13:06 -0800, Kam Leo wrote:
> I forgot to add that expert mode still exists. It is just not
> advertised as such in the documentation. The first link is from the
> RHEL-5 documentation.
>
> Attempts to broaden the penetration of Linux is probably why "expert"
> mode is less widely identified or promoted. In order for Linux to
> compete in the desktop arena marketers need ( | hope | desire) to
> remove the "Linux is for nerds/experts" label.

Looking at that page, previously quoted, there was no "expert mode".
Not then, nor now.  It was just what someone called starting an
installation without automatic device detection.  i.e. You'd have to
manage it all, manually.  NBut there wasn't ever any install option that
you could pick actually called "expert mode".

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.