jigdo don't?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Apr 25 00:39:33 UTC 2007

Greetings;

I just installed jigdo, only to find its called jigsaw in the kmenu, thinking
it was something like a torrent manager, but apparently not.

But the menu's require a true URL to the image, and if I point it in the upper
cli line, to the nearly 166KB jigdo file I downloaded from the fedoraunity
site, called FC-20070401-6-i386.jigdo, it claims it doesn't know how to
handle that file format yet.

So, since this 'jigdo' thing will be stillborn for obvious reasons, where can
I find the .torrent for that respin?  I thought I saw a link to it once, but
the availability of fedoraunity.org seems to come and go, and I've not
managed to find the page with that link on it again.

Ok, I got it to start by manually entering the URL to the exact same file I
had already downloaded.  That's a right cast iron pita when it can't be
copied & pasted from firefox...

So either I need instructions on how to setup FF to start jigdo with that url
as an argument, or jigdo needs fixed.  Starting a download should not take 50
screen changes and 30 minutes to get it going.  Needless to say, I voted for
future releases in torrent because I can do this in azureus in just a minute
or so, plus time to carve a hole in my firewall.

And now the transfer has been interrupted after about 70 of the 255 megs just
for the template, and now it wants to know where I live but refuses to take a
USA entry.  And under advanced it apparently needs a comma separated list of
url's.  How the hell should I know where in a 100 million servers where this
stuff is?  Rhetorical question obviously.

Screw it, send jigdo back to finishing school, and where can I get
the .torrent file?

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene