Fedora/RH policies sometimes suck

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Thu Apr 26 01:58:08 UTC 2007

Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> Kinda funny how Apple doesn't have this kind of bullshit problem and
> their version of 'nix is working fine for everybody.  Kinda funny how
> Red Hat's profits are down by 25% this last quarter and Ubunto continues
> to accelerate.

Sorry for the late answer, haven't been checking my personal e-mail much
lately.

Now Lyvim -

Are you *really* this stupid?

You *pay* for Apple's software, and therefore there are huge chunks of
proprietary code in there.  You've paid for the license to use that code.

You get Fedora for free.  No license fees, but no encumbered software.
If you don't like it, go buy a licensed version or download yourself.
*You* can do that as an individual user.  Red Hat/Fedora *can't*
redistribute licensed software.  It's *illegal,* you moron.

And as far as the profit thing, Red Hat bought another company during
that time.  Of course profit went down, you tool, they were integrating
an additional 20% staff.  Never mind that they grew sales by 41% year
over year.

Go play with the Ubuntu folks, don't let the door hit you on the ass on
the way out.

--
Thomas