whats with this love of kaffiene?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Apr 26 04:15:13 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 25 April 2007, Claude Jones wrote:
>On Wed April 25 2007, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> we need
>> an absolute lock, by main package name, like mplayer, openoffice, cups,
>> kernel, etc so that WE are in control at least for the duration of a given
>> install.
>
>Did you know you can do this right now with Smart, Gene? Just select any
>installed package, right-click on it, and one of the options is to lock the
>package/file

That's beautiful, and it works.  Thanks Claude.  Now I can reset all my menu's
for OOo2.2 usage, and not have the next run of smart "fix" them all right up
by re-installing OOo-2.0.4 for the 3rd time.  Yeah, that's been another sore
point at the old coyotes den here in WV.

But I have to ask again, where in tuncket are the docs on this stuff?  Why do
Ric and I, and lots of others by inference, have to hit the end of our rope
and blow up using 3 and 4 letter words before info such as this is made
available?

There is something very very wrong with this picture.

Thanks again, Claude

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)