how to mount a cd-rw/dvd-rom drive

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Fri Apr 27 01:55:46 UTC 2007

Scott Berry writes:

> Sam,
>
> Loose your attitude man?

Nope, my attitude is fairly tight.

>                          I am just asking for information.  I don't

Oh, I missed that.  I did not realize that your messages look like crap, and
fail to observe proper Internet quoting conventions, because you write them
in Outlook Express.  That explains it.

If, in the future, you get puzzled why everyone else seems to have no idea what you're talking about, when you try to participate in a
conversation thread, looking me up and I'll explain it to you.

> appreciate the way your acting.  Secondly, I am trying to mount the cd rom
> so Linux can see it in /etc/fstab.  My father does not know how to do this
> so I am trying to help.

You still haven't explained exactly what your problem is.  I have a combo
CD/DVD-RW drive in this laptop, and on all of my other machines.  Have no
problem using it, without doing any special configuration in Fedora,
whatsoever.