how to mount a cd-rw/dvd-rom drive

Scott Berry sberry at northlc.com
Fri Apr 27 18:04:44 UTC 2007

Okay here is what I did.

1.  I got in the case and changed the jumper from the combo drive to master
on the combo drive so that it would read dvbd's or cd's if one is put in at
startup.
2.  I secondly tried changing the jumpers on the cd only drive from what I
am assuming is slave to master and back to slave because going to master at
least that's what I think anyway was causing problems with udev.
3.  I then just took the cd drive offline and connected strictly to the
combo drive as master.

Now that the combo drive is master on cd-rom everything is fine.
4.  I then told the bios to shut off the cd drive because it was still
looking for it.

Scott