Email ???

alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri Apr 27 21:43:19 UTC 2007

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, CH wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am not sure what the exact name of it but I will try to explain it.
>
> Say you reply to am email to a person and it comes back saying that you need
> to verify that you are a real person and not a spammer.

And how do you verify if that message is from a real person and not a
spammer.  "Click here" is a good way to install malware.

I personally find that sort of "spam blocker" to be incredibly invasive
and annoying.  I also refuse to respond to any of them.

Also think about what would happen if everyone use this method.  Everytime
you posted to a mailing list for the first time you would be mailbombed by
every member of the list.

You are better off using greylisting or some other nonintrusive solution.

--
"Invoking the supernatural can explain anything, and hence explains nothing."
                   - University of Utah bioengineering professor Gregory Clark