Looking for GNOME language bar (?): Want to switch input language quickly

Matthias Kredler mk1168 at nyu.edu
Fri Apr 27 23:30:59 UTC 2007

When installing Fedora 7, I included language support for
English and Japanese. It seems to me that the required
package for Japanese is there, since Japanese web sites
are displayed.

My problem is the following: I would like to have something
like a language bar in GNOME so that I can change
quickly from inputting English text to inputting Japanese
characters in one session without having to re-boot. I
believe that I saw some language bar with customizable
keyboard shortcuts to do just that in Fedora Core 6 on
friends machine, but I couldn't find any reference to
something like this in the Fedora 7 support and when
searching the web.

Any suggestions would be great!

Matthias